The Staples Rodway Challenge will be starting and finishing at the beautiful Clifton Bay in the Hastings District of Hawkes Bay. The course will simply blow your mind, with participants being treated to some of the most stunning scenery for any event in the world. The course is mainly on private land and includes windswept beaches, native forest, waterfalls, river gorges and stunning coastal farmland. The area includes world renowned five star lodge "The Farm", Cape Kidnappers Wildlife Reserve and the largest gannet colony in the world.
Participants will start at the Clifton Cafe Carpark and travel along the beach for 8km before leaving the beach and ascending (120m) to Transition One via the rest hut and prominent fence line.
Participants will follow course markers along a track before decending to Flat Rock. After 2km they will reach Rangaiika before climbing steeply (246m) and then proceeding onto Transition Two.
The course is undulating for 1.5km before participants descend for 3km to the Maraetotara waterfall and then follow the river (at times through it) as they make their way to Clifton Cafe - where the adventure began.
Note: Any competitor unable to arrive at Transition Two by 2pm will be transported to the finish at Clifton Cafe.
The event will be starting and finishing at the beautiful Clifton Cafe , 468 Clifton Road, Te Awanga, Hastings.
6.00pm Friday 13th October 2017 at the Staples Rodway carpark.
Transportation to transition points will be by bus from Clifton Café carpark. NO private cars will be allowed access to the Transition Points which are on private land. Please note no support crew will be allowed at the transition points. Buses will return when full.
Bus to Transition Point One – 6.45am (walkers and runners)
Bus to Transition Point Two – 8.15am (walkers and runners)
3.00 pm Clifton Café
Please take time to read the following -
* The official race number must be worn and visible throughout the race.
* All roads are classed as open at all times, so all road rules must be obeyed.
* Competitors are responsible for taking their own gear. This should include first aid kit, water or hydration drink (it is suggested that an individual should carry 1.5 litres) sunblock, race food and hat. There will be limited water available at Transition points.
* Competitors who have not reached Transition point two by 2pm will be withdrawn from the race.
* Toilets will be at the start/finish area and at each Transition point.
* Strictly no pets allowed.
* Participants younger than 14 years need to obtain written approval from the Race Coordinator before competing.
* No assistance may be given to competitors unless it is by another competitor.
* To enable us to run this event we have sought permission from the landowners. It is extremely important that we treat the land that we pass through with respect. There is to be NO deviation from the marked course and this is TRESPASSING if you do. We ask competitors to carry their own rubbish out. Anyone seen dropping rubbish on the course will be disqualified. All gates MUST be opened and closed behind you - there are NO EXCEPTIONS.
* Medals will be presented to competitors who are first in a category. All prizes will be "spot prizes". Competitors must be present at prize giving to claim their prizes otherwise they will be redrawn - there are NO EXCEPTIONS.
* Any withdrawals during the event must be notified to the Marshall at the nearest Transition point.
* Disqualification of any team competitor disqualifies the whole team.
In the case of disqualification you may choose to continue and have race times recorded. You have the right to make a protest at the completion of the race.
Disputes must be presented in writing to the Race Coordinator before 2.30pm race day. * The decision of the Race Coordinator will be final.
* Race officials' directions must be followed at all times.
* In the event of bad weather or flooding, we reserve the right to change any leg of the race at any point. Please dress accordingly with poly pro or similar top and bottom, fleece or wool hat, waterproof top, gloves and survival blanket.
Please note only the beach is available for training on as the rest of the course is on private land and is not accessible.
Please enter online up until 12noon on Thursday 12th October 2017. Late entries will be taken at the Registration on Friday 13th October 2017.
A late entry fee will apply from midnight Sunday 8th October.
Please note that entries are limited to 160 teams and 370 individuals.
All fees are in NZD
|Individual||Full Course|| Walk or Running/Jogging ||$ 80|
|Individual (under 20)||Full Course||Walk or Running/Jogging||$ 50|
|Team|| Maximum 3 |
|Walk or Running/Jogging||$165|
|Merchandise|| Staples Rodway |
A $10 late entry fee will apply from midnight Sunday 8th October 2017
5.00pm-6.30pm Friday 13th October 2017 at Staples Rodway, Corner Eastbourne and Hastings Streets, Hastings (all race packs need to be picked up by a representative of their team or individual).
You will receive an email confirmation of your entry immediately from the entry system. If you don't receive this you can login and resend to yourself.
For payments made via Credit Card, the name which will appear on your customer and bank statement will be Staples Rodway Challenge.
All merchandise is available for collection at registration.
Refunds before 1st August will be subject to a $10 administration fee. Refunds from 1st August to 20th September will be reimbursed at 50% of the entry fee. Please note there are no refunds from 21st September to race day.
In the case of event cancellation by the organisers due to extreme inclement weather (at the discretion of the event officials), entry fees shall be non-refundable.
Please contact Sue McIvor, Staples Rodway Hawkes Bay Ltd for all cancellations on 06 8787004, 021 2938104, firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at PO Box 46, Hastings.
Please contact Sue McIvor who will put you in touch with others also looking for team mates.
Need a place to stay? Contact Hastings i-Site 0800 HASTINGS, www.visithastings.co.nz or call into the office on the corner of Russell and Heretaunga Street East, Hastings. Alternatively contact Hastings Top Ten Holiday Park 0508 Hastings, www.hastingstop10.co.nz or The Crown Hotel, www.thecrownnapier.co.nz..
Entries must be received by midnight Sunday 8th October 2017 to avoid a $10 late entry fee. On-line entries close at midday Thursday 12th October. Late entries will be taken at registration on Friday 13th October.
Please go HERE
Click for 2017 Results
Staples Rodway Hawkes Bay Ltd - 8787004
Sue McIvor - 021 2938104
Dave Sawers - 027 471 5148
Libby O'Sullivan - 027 210 0896